Summer 2013 InternshipsTitle: Summer 2013 Internships
Unum is a company of people serving people. As one of the world's leading employee benefits providers and a Fortune 500 company, Unum helps protect more than 25 million working people and their families in the event of illness or injury. At Unum, our people truly make a difference, in the lives of our customers, our local communities and in the success of our company.
Unum has been the leading provider of disability insurance since 1975. In 2010, Unum earned over $10 billion in revenue, provided benefits for 37% of Fortune 500 companies and maintains assets of over $57 billion.
Unum is headquartered in Chattanooga, TN and has significant U.S. operations in Portland, ME, Worcester, MA and Glendale, CA. In addition, 35 field offices are located around major metropolitan cities across the country. Unum has international offices in Dorking, England and Carlow, Ireland. The company employs more than 10,000 people worldwide. With a culture that rewards performance and promotes from within, Unum offers challenging career opportunities across multiple locations and various lines of business.
Anticipated 2013 Internships in Portland, ME; Worcester, MA; Columbia, SC; and Chattanooga, TN
* Accounting & Finance Intern
* Corporate Marketing
* Internal Audit Intern
* IT Intern
* Sales Interns
* Underwriting Intern
* MBA Intern
* Work for the leader in the disability-based employee benefits marketplace & in a professional office setting.
* Internships where you can contribute as an individual & work as part of a team.
* Opportunities to learn about departmental & corporate functions.
* Weekly networking opportunities with senior leaders.
* Social activities with fellow interns.
* Competitive pay during a 10-12 week timeframe.
* Earn college credit for your internship. Faculty/Hiring Manager pre-approvals are required.
* Intern must be enrolled in an accredited 4 year college degree program
* Prefer satisfactory completion of 3 years of college course work
* Required GPA of 3.3 in major or overall GPA of 3.3
* Demonstrated leadership abilities
* Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
* Must be proficient in MS Word and Excel software applications
* Strong ability to work independently and be self directed on project work.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Must be in good academic standing with university / college.
* All interns must complete a satisfactory background check in order to be hired.
* Intern must be available to work approximately 40 hours per week during regular business hours
* Monday - Friday 8am to 5pm. Manager will try to accommodate around student class schedule as best as possible.
Thank you for your interest in Unum! After applying you will receive an email confirmation that your application has been received. Please note that we will not be reviewingapplications until theend of 2012/early 2013for our Summer Internships.
Unum is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer regardless of a person's race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, gender or sexual orientation.