More Jobs at Unum Group
Title: Underwriting Trainee Location: TN-Chattanooga Other Locations: null Unum is a company of people serving people. As one of the world s leading employee benefits...
Title: AVP Corporate Actuary Location: TN-Chattanooga Other Locations: null Unum is a company of people serving people. As one of the world's leading employee benefits...
Title: Procurement Transformation Program Manager Location: TN-Chattanooga Other Locations: null Unum, a Fortune 250 company and an industry leader providing innovative...
Title: FSA and Director, Valuation
Unum is a company of people serving people. As one of the world's leading employee benefits providers and a Fortune 500 company, Unum helps protect more than 25 million working people and their families in the event of illness or injury.
Headquartered in Chattanooga Tennessee, Unum has significant U.S. operations in Portland, Maine, Worcester, Massachusetts and Glendale, California with 35 field offices nationwide.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
* Analyze emerging experience, monitor marketplace trends, and identify issues
* Develop analysis framework and recommend enhancements
* Recommend updated pricing, valuation or reserving assumptions to management
* Lead development of tools to support pricing, valuation, underwriting and business analysis and participate in implementation efforts
* Prepare financial reports and tax returns; perform analysis of financial data
* Participate actively on cross-functional/operational task forces (e.g. underwriting, compliance, customer care)
* Mentor, manage and train an actuarial support staff
* Pursue Fellowship in the Society of Actuaries
* May perform other duties as assigned
* Bachelors degree required
* Associate in the Society of Actuaries plus one additional exam
* At least four years of relevant experience and/or a high level of technical expertise
* Strong problem solving ability and project management skills
* Hands-on experience with current technology
* Solid people management and verbal and written communication skills
* Meets the standards for this position, as defined in the Talent Management Framework.
Unum offers world-class training and development, generous compensation and benefits packages, and a culture built on employee ideas.
Unum is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer regardless of a person's race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, gender or sexual orientation.