Professional Development Program Associate (PDP)Title: Professional Development Program Associate (PDP)
Company OverviewUnum is a company of people serving people. As one of the world''s leading employee benefits providers and a Fortune 500 company, Unum helps protect more than 25 million working people and their families in the event of illness or injury. At Unum, our people truly make a difference, in the lives of our customers, our local communities and in the success of our company.
Unum is headquartered in Chattanooga, TN and has significant U.S. operations in Portland, ME, Worcester, MA and Glendale, CA. In addition, 35 field offices are located around major metropolitan cities across the country. Unum has international offices in Dorking, England and Carlow, Ireland. The company employs more than 10,000 people worldwide. With a culture that rewards performance and promotes from within, Unum offers challenging career opportunities across multiple locations and various lines of business.
Program Summary Highlights for 2013:
* Work for the leader in the employee benefits marketplace.
* Complete 3-4 cross functional job rotations over the course of a 4-6 year timeframe. Business area rotations may include Claims Management, Underwriting, Customer Services, Enrollment, Finance and Marketing. Job rotation assignments may vary from 12-24 months depending on the role, complexity and business needs. At least one job rotation will be outside of your primary work location. Work locations may include Chattanooga, TN, Portland, ME, Columbia, SC, Worcester, MA, Glendale, CA, and Dorking, UK.
* Programmatic training and development which will include a variety of venues such as classroom, self-study, field visits and project-based work which will occur throughout the duration of the program.
* Leadership level mentor assigned for the duration of the program to support you in your individualized professional growth and development plans.
* You will assume an active role in managing an important aspect of the business related to your assignment. You will also provide feedback, suggestions and recommendations regarding process improvements, policies and procedures to the business areas as they proceed through the program.
* Work with management during business rotations to gain deeper knowledge of each function, the day-to-day operations and interconnects with other parts of the business.
* Work on and/or lead special projects, as assigned, that require research and analysis. May involve partnering with other business areas to identify and resolve issues.
* Continuous assessment of established training and work processes to identify areas for effectiveness and efficiency improvements. Contribute to operating effectiveness through information sharing, suggested process improvements and effective implementation of change.
. Bachelor's degree required: GPA 3.3 or above
. Math, Economics, Finance, Business majors preferred
. Strong internship or equivalent work experience
. Demonstrated leadership abilities
. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
. Creative problem solving and strong analytical reasoning skills
. Excellent interpersonal skills
. Highly motivated and self-directed
. Able to work independently within established timeframes
. Ability to think strategically and respond tactically in a dynamic environment
. Well organized and able to handle multiple priorities at one time
. Strong ability to influence, persuade, and negotiate with others
. Comfort with ambiguity
. Willingness to relocate between major campuses
Please submit an unofficial copy of your transcripts with your application.
Unum offers world-class training and development, generous compensation and benefits packages, and a culture built on employee ideas.
Unum is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer regardless of a person''s race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, gender or sexual orientation.